Here’s a list of approved items we encourage you to bring to the center
- Clothing. We recommend that you clothing adequate for 7 days including gym wear. 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on are enough. We do your laundry 1x per week. Irons and ironing boards are accessible, but we suggest that wash-and-wear clothing will be more convenient. Dry cleaning services are available but such clothing is not recommended.
- Clothing suitable for gym or Yoga, including shoes. The gym is available on a daily basis and yoga is available 2-3 times per week.
- Dress for therapy should be casual and in good taste. Clothing that depicts alcohol, drugs, sex, violence, gambling, is not appropriate.
- Open shirts, swimwear, etc. are allowed only for recreational and fitness activities and are considered inappropriate for therapy, meals, or meetings.
- A lightweight jacket or sweater is recommended for use at night.
- Flat-soled or tennis shoes are recommended. Shoes and/or slippers must be worn outside your room.
- Electric or safety razor/shaver.
- A bank card to access personal spending money via ATM or CASH to fund an in-house account. The staff WILL limit the amounts available to the patient.
- Extra pair of glasses OR a copy of your prescription.
Suggested additional clothing for recreational and therapeutic activities:
- Sunglasses and hat or visor for outside use.
- Reading material is limited to recovery-related topics. It is advised to bring your own 12-Step Literature.
- Any electrical items, such as hair dryers, curling irons, or electric shavers will be checked for safety.
- Any prescription medication needed for the length of your stay. Costa Rican pharmacies can supply any medications should you run out.
- Use of cigarettes, electronic cigarettes and Vapes are welcome but limited to our smoking area.