All people entering Costa Rica must complete the digital epidemiological form. This is known as the “Health Pass” or “Pase de Salud.”
Travelers NO LONGER NEED to obtain a negative PCR-RT coronavirus test. A CORONA VIRUS TEST IS NO LONGER A REQUIREMENT FOR ENTRY AS OF OCTOBER 26th.
AS OF AUGUST 1st 2021, All VACCINATED Travelers with proof of vaccination NO LONGER NEED to obtain travelers’ health insurance.
In order to qualify, adults must:
- Have received an approved vaccine: Moderna, Pfizer, AstraZeneca, or Johnson & Johnson.
- The last dose of the schedule must have been administered at least 14 days before entering Costa Rica.
- Proof must be demonstrated with a document that includes the person’s full name, date of each dose, formula, and lot number.
- For U.S. visitors, the Covid-19 vaccination record card meets the requirement.
- Everyone entering Costa Rica will continue to be required to complete the Health Pass, an epidemiological form. This must be filled out during the 72 hours before arriving in Costa Rica.
NON-Vaccinated Travelers without the above proof of vaccination must still purchase travel insurance that covers accommodation in case of quarantine and medical expenses due to COVID-19. This policy can be purchased from Costa Rican insurers. See below for a list of approved insurers. Call us for details and up-to-date information; toll-free: 1-866-804-1793.
There are three companies that sell pre-approved travel insurance plans: The National Insurance Institute (INS), Sagicor, and Blue Cross Blue Shield. Tourists opting for a foreign policy must demonstrate proof (in English or Spanish) that their policy:
- The policy must be valid throughout the planned visit to Costa Rica.
- Covers medical expenses in cases of COVID-19 in Costa Rica, for at least $50,000 (fifty thousand United States dollars).
- Includes a minimum coverage of $2,000 for expenses of extended lodging due to the pandemic.
At this time, there are no exceptions to the insurance requirement for foreigners entering Costa Rica on a tourist visa.
The link below will connect you to all of the required sites. If you have any questions, call our toll-free number: 1-866-804-1793.