WHAT WE VALUE
The mission of Costa Rica Recovery is to help initiate and sustain recovery in the lives of individuals, families, and communities affected by alcoholism, drug dependency, and related conditions through innovative and cost-effective services developed by bringing research to practice. We advocate for prevention and treatment of alcoholism, drug dependency, and related conditions for all segments of the population and will strive to become a beacon of recovery in our community and throughout the Americas.
- chemical dependency is a chronic disease or disorder requiring a lifelong holistic treatment approach.
- treatment should be given by a multidisciplinary team.
- to help each person achieve his or her full potential.
- in a twelve-step philosophy and a mutual support system.
- our mission is best served by delivering services and products as needed throughout the continuum of care.
- in being leaders, requiring professional behavior, caring and integrity from all employees, volunteers, and service providers.
Furthermore, Jim believes that profit should not be the guiding force of a drug and alcohol treatment program, so Costa Rica proved to be an ideal location to start an addiction treatment program. Costa Rica seemed then, and has since proven to be, an almost ideal place to get clean and sober and begin the road to recovery.
COSTA RICA RECOVERY OPENS IN 2006
We recognize that addiction is a chronic condition. For this reason, our facility is open to those seeking help, whether for primary treatment or for those already in long-term recovery experiencing unusual stress and needing extra support to “weather the storm”.
Prospective clients and their families are also encouraged to visit us, tour our facility, and get answers to questions and concerns. Costa Rica Recovery has been helping addicts and alcoholics break the destructive cycle of addiction since 2006 and because of the beauty of Costa Rica, many clients decide to stay on and continue in our Sober Living facility.