Our Patient Rights are our top priority
- To participate in the design of their Treatment Plan and their Continuing Care Plan.
- Patient rights include being treated with respect, dignity, courtesy and justice.
- To be informed of their duties and rights in language they understand.
- To absolute confidentiality for what they share in treatment, and for the files that are managed by the center.
- To communicate in private with their assigned counselor.
- To enjoy privacy in their treatment and in the care of their personal necessities.
- To receive visitors during their residency so long as they do not represent or create a risk to recovery or security for the patient or other residents and staff.
- To receive treatment without bias because of race, age, political orientation, physical incapacity, sex, sexual preference, religion, or economic condition.
- To be able to present, without fear, complaints to the counselor, Director of Treatment, and the Executive Director, in that specific order, giving reasonable time for the resolution of the problem.
- To leave treatment if they so decide.
Patient Rights are very important at Costa Rica recovery. For many people struggling with substance abuse, they often have given up their rights or been victims of law enforcement and society because of their addiction. At the center we make it a priority to we focus on bringing back a sense of confidence which is why we focus on patient rights